Monday, September 07, 2009

I was feeling left out, but now…

It seems that every day, religious people find images of Jesus in tins of marmite, and Virgin Mary shaped Doritos etc. For atheists these events must be like a knife to the heart, clearly their whole world view is shaken to its core by the miracle of the cheese sandwich of our lady fatima (well not really). I do think we have symbol-envy though; recently there was a campaign to introduce a kind of italic red "A" to symbolise Atheism, I'm not sure this kind of thing would ever work though, most Atheists I know well hate the idea of being labelled, anyway here is that symbol for those who haven't seen it before (tee-shirts available at the RD.NET site)

However, I was thrilled today to discover this image taken of a rock formation in Boulder Colorado, what clearer indication could there be that we are the chosen people?

Of course being the sceptical little party poopers that they are, atheists in Boulder are protesting the site claiming "its just a rock", bloody rationalists!

(yay 200 posts!)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ha ha. Good post. One day I am going to leave some SIGN near your kids' school to really freak you out. Maybe I will put a tiny spot of dew in an otherwise dry garden area like God did in the old testament. Anyway, I look forward to your instant conversion after your observation of the sign.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, how about a giant tamale hanging from a tree? :)

Chairman Bill said...

But was it designed by you know who?

Lisa said...

This is just more ammunition from the religious people that, really (really!!), atheism is *just* like religion!

I personally don't see any need to have a symbol which represents essentially nothing.

Hey though - BIG congrats on your 200th post!!

Lisa said...

Haha Steve about the tamale. I do believe tamales are mined, not grown, but I guess that makes the sign all the more "divine".

Steve Borthwick said...

Chairman Bill, Doh! of course, obviously placed next to the fossil that the devil left!

Steve Borthwick said...

Lisa, what? you mean you don't have a tee shirt for everything you don't believe, damn I wondered why there was no room left in my draws! :)

Tamales are obviously not intelligently designed. :)