Friday, September 04, 2009

New Dawkins book release today!

Richard Dawkins has released a new book today; its about what he is calling the "evidence for evolution", I guess if you are Richard Dawkins and have to deal with all those ignorant creationists arguments every day this is something he needed to get off his chest once and for all.



There are many books on this subject already (all Biology and nature books in fact!), but lets hope that with the public awareness of his name running high more than just scientists and atheists will read it, raising conciousness is the key.

Althought I must say I'm looking forward to the flood of inanity from the talking snake-bots, it will be amusing to observe them scurrying around quote mining and trying to pick holes in the content of the book, no doubt we will see a plethera of parasitic titles pouring out onto the market soon too, I can see the titles now,

- The greatest show in heaven
- Jesus, the greatest showman on earth
- God the greatest ringmaster
- Who needs the snakes with legs show when you can have TALKING snake show!

I'm sure you get the drift...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hehe, I love "conversations" that play out with book titles. I like your predictions; we'll see who grabs those irresistible names first.

Steve Borthwick said...

Thanks Lisa, someone somewhere just has to be running a book on this, I might just check over at the Dawkins site, some of the regulars over there have a decent sense of humour.