Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The first cut is the deepest...

I came across this little story today, it's the usual tale of a religious person valuing their emotional "lucky rabbits foot" over a decent education. This time we have a 14 year old Sikh who thought that it was perfectly fine to carry a 5 inch ceremonial dagger into school, now clearly there are some inner city schools in this country where they throw you out if you aren't tooled up, but please, Sikhs grow up, lets not make things worse!



To cap it all we then get the torrent of "religious freedom" nonsense, apparently Sikh community leaders claim that this is a weapon of "non-violence", it sounds to me like these people should have spent more time listening in class than playing with their weapons. Apparently these trinkets represents the power of truth to cut through untruth and their religion insists that they are worn at all times, if I were them, I'd ask for my money back.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yes, they have to wear a knife and have one of those solid arm bracelets and there are other things too. A Sikh at work was explaining to me how hard it is to get through airport security!

Steve Borthwick said...

Having a bath must be interesting!

When your "gold dagger" turns green, I guess that's when you find out you paid far too much for it :)