Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky



I just got around to listening to a CD that I got for my birthday this year; it's called "Get Lucky" by Mark Knopfler; Knopfler of course is famous for his involvement with Dire Straights in the 80s which disbanded in 1995; he is renowned for his "finger" style of guitar playing and was voted #27 in rolling stones list of 100 all time best guitar players. I can confirm he still knows how to pick a decent tune out of his Fender although this album isn't anything like Dire Straights, think more Celtic folk, pipes and flutes etc. with a couple of soft acoustic ballads  its good but quite soporific (not one for work).

3 comments:

Bill Williams said...

"quite soporific" You got to be kidding. I'll have to laugh on that comment.

Bill Williams said...

Mark Knopfler's newest release Get Lucky is "quite soporific". Hummmm...You have got to be kidding. You are kidding. Right?

Steve Borthwick said...

Hi Bill, I reckon, but in a good way, I don't mean boring I was listening to it on the headphones yesterday when I wrote this and felt very.. well, calm.

What do you think of it?