Thursday, December 03, 2009

Atheism is the new fundamentalism?

Apparently it isn't, well at least according to the audience of this debate at Wellington college which I went to the other night and reported on here.



I particularly liked AC Grayling's response when confronted by that oh so tedious assertion by theists of "what's the point of living if there isn't a God", as all rational people know some questions are just stupid questions but rather than point that out he said, our purpose is "to create meaning, and take care of one another".

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yes, what a great debate. I have just been reading some comments in a forum about it. It certainly stirred up strong feelings. Thanks for the vid post.

Chairman Bill said...

What's the point of living if there is no Zeus?

Indeed, what's the point of living if there were no Chaiman Bill?

Steve Borthwick said...

E, Stirring is good..

CB, I often ask myself the same thing! :)