Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Oh snow is me..

Unusually for the South of the UK we've had a major dump of snow in the last 24 hours (for us at least), suffice to say that everything has stopped working and it's only the internet that seems to be keeping people going (how things have changed in the last 10 - years!) Here is a picture of the top of my wife's car this morning, a good 10 or so inches I reckon and its still going strong.



The kids are overjoyed of course, most years we make a single sorry snowman out of our entire garden's worth of snow. Today we're on our third already and have hardly scratched the surface, my back yard is starting to resemble the terracotta (snow) warriors!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I loved the idea of your kids making multiple snowmen.

I'm going out panic buying groceries tomorrow. I bought a car full of logs and coal from a farm on the way home from work so I'm almost ready for the next batch of snow.

Elizabeth said...

I didn't buy a CAR full of....but rather I bought enough to fill a car, sorry.

Steve Borthwick said...

Hi E, yes I think they're making up for past snow "lean" years.

I know what you mean, we filled everything up and bought a load of food today too.

Anonymous said...

Steve - love to see the picture of snow. I miss it but we don't have much here in Los Angeles.
BTW - is it possible I knew you at UCNW in 1970? Were you in the physics department there? Right name and you sure look like the guy I remember.
Mike

Steve Borthwick said...

Mike, not me at UNCW, 1970 would have been a few years before my university days.

On the subject of snow I would say that (like heat) it's nice when you're on holiday but not so good when you have to trudge into the office with all the other rat racers!