Friday, March 12, 2010

Slow blog day

Is it really Friday already?

Time flies when you're having fun (or so they say) for me it just seems to fly regardless. Signing into my blog this morning I notice that I haven't posted since Tuesday, normally I find something odd-ball or interesting to throw out every day, but this week I can honestly say work has been so hectic that the time has flown by, hopefully that means the economy is picking up or perhaps that I'm just not well organised...

Anyway, here is something odd to ponder, take a look at this photo, it's of a Woman in China who has apparently grown a horn on the front left hand side of her head and from the looks of her is in the process of growing another one to match on the other side.


Now I look at this picture and immediately think, wow aren't genes slippery little critters and our genome probably contains all kinds of ancestral garbage that it only takes one mutation in a switch somewhere to unleash on a poor unsuspecting phenotype. The next thought was, I wonder what a superstitious person would think about this, particularly an ill-educated Christian or Muslim who believes in devils and angels etc. You can imagine how completely inexplicable this phenomenon would be to such people and how these myths probably all have their origins in random natural events that only recently are properly understood.

2 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Oh my God! A Devil Woman!

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, steady on old boy, don't take the name of our lord Cliff Richard in vein..