Thursday, May 19, 2011

Man imitates box of frogs...

Harold Camping is a Christian radio broadcaster and president of Family Radio. He is the man behind a recent nationwide billboard campaign in the USA  (which cost millions of dollars) that warns commuters "The Jesus" will return to Earth on May 21, 2011, the world will end and the most gullible faithful Christians of some flavour will be raptured up to heaven to spend an eternity doing something or other as yet unspecified. Yes folks May 21st!, that's this Saturday in case you were wondering. Apparently when someone interviewed Mr Camping on the phone yesterday they could hear a hoover running in the background, now I was curious about this and checked with my wife regarding the hoovering protocol for the end of the world, apparently it would be quite near the bottom of her "to-do" list, I'm too scared to ask what would be top.


Just how bonkers do you need to be in the USA before some nice, humane government employee arrives in a van and a white coat to lead you off to a place with no sharp things?

4 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Steve, you have it all wrong.

His appearance will be in the same manner as last time, which means we have some 29 years before He starts judging people and consigning them to an eternity of watching their least favourite football team playing on celestial TV.

Archdruid Eileen said...

Steve, just in case it really does happen Saturday, I'll say one for you when I'm up there. Obviously, this being the Big One, it won't help.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, "eternity of watching football" - ok that's officially scary...

Archdruid, cheers for the thought; I can't promise anything what with the lake of fire dancing round my pinkies an'all, but, if you've got any pets you'd like me to look after while you're... you know... "up there" just let me know.. ;)

Actually, I have to get up early on Saturday to take child #1 to a Judo tournament and I badly need a lie in, maybe there's an upside ;)

Archdruid Eileen said...

Steve, you don't like football and you don't believe in the Rapture.

I'd say you've got no soul, but you'd only take that as an affirmation.