Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Oh Hanna!


I never thought I would be writing a blog post about the toe curling Miley Cyrus (aka Hanna Montana), even my 7 year old daughter thinks all American Miley is a bit naff and she's her target audience! However I spotted a story today that may force me to completely re-evaluate my opinion of this good ol'gal.

Apparently she posted a rather controversial picture on her Twitter feed, one that has the evangelicals of her middle-American heartland jumping up and down with rage and indignation, what on earth could it be I wondered? Perhaps Miley has bared all for her art or maybe she's declared that her heart belongs to Obama - no, it's much, much worse than that. Want to see the picture, here it is...


Who is this corrupter of children, this perverted weasel? Surprisingly it's theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss simply telling it as it is, describing where the atoms in our bodies come from and explaining that stars needed to "die" in order that the heaver elements like Oxygen and Carbon can be manufactured within the nuclear furnaces of their terminal phases and that evolution had to happen to get from atoms to Humans. It's a poetic thought and that's what Miley liked about it, good for her! The fact that Krauss also mentions a wandering Bronze age Palestinian shaman is irrelevant to the majesty of the idea or it's educational content of course.

2 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Heresy! My left and right hands came from the same sun!

Steve Borthwick said...

CB it's often said that my left has no idea what my right hand is doing..!