Monday, August 13, 2012

Last one out, turn off the lights


Well the Olympics are over, what the heck will we do with all that spare TV time now?

We watched the closing ceremony last night which compared to the opening ceremony scored a "B minus" in my estimation.

The highlights for me were:

- Imagine (great song, nice idea)
- Wish you were here (love Floyd, but why no Led Zep or Stones?)
- Homage to "The Life of Brian" - who'd have thought 30+ years later such a controversial film would be celebrated like this..

The lowlights were:

- Jacques Rogge (will that sour bugger ever smile?)
- George Michael doing his current single
- Spice girls (enough said)
- Harry Windsor (for someone with only a short cab ride home he didn't look that bothered..)
- I wasn't there!

2 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed. Watched it till all those athletes came pouring in and then got bored and went to bed.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, but you missed the delights of Roger Daltrey omitting the lyrics "I hope I die before I get old" from a rendition of "my generation" ... much amusement in our house about that...