Monday, April 08, 2013

Rust in peace


Its going to be difficult to avoid Mrs Thatcher over the next few days, there'll be the reviews, the obituaries  the specials the tributes and countless spurious references from politicians who desperately need to get their chubby little faces on the goggle box. I have mixed feelings about her, I admire her for what she achieved as a Women in the male dominated world of politics and I admire her resolute approach, but I'm less keen on the divisive and unsympathetic nature of some of her more dogmatic policies. We should only really judge people in their time I suppose and I believe we live in a fairer country today, although I can't help sometimes wishing that we had more politicians with a backbone, iron would be nice although just plain bone would do.

No comments: