Friday, August 09, 2013

Slow news day


I was watching the BBC news channel this morning whilst munching on my breakfast and thinking to myself that the actual "news" content of the bit stream was close to zero; a series of pieces whining about the NHS interspersed with pointlessly elaborate weather reports. I actually watched two almost identical weather reports separated by only 6 minutes! Now either that's a reflection of some new and incredibly precise meteorological science or a desperately slow news day!

I reckon the BBC should challenge their audiences a bit more, instead of pointless Summer "news" they should re-run dramatic old news stories like the sinking of the titanic, the 2005 ashes victory or the relief of Mafeking, see if anyone notices.

2 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Mafeking has been relieved??

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, who knows, but I can tell you what the weather will be like...