Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Door to door daftness


I had some Jehovah's Witnesses knock on my door the other day, now, usually I don't mind being polite and taking five minutes for a little theological debate with my superstitious brothers and sisters but on this occasion I had somewhere to go so I cut them off at the pass quickly. Surprisingly they seemed relieved, thanking me for my honesty, perhaps it was all a ploy to make me feel sorry for them or perhaps they'd just reached their quota for the day and wanted to get back to the hive for a cuppa. Anyway, I saw this cartoon today, it made me think of them, you have to wonder what goes through the minds of people who would take their half-baked philosophy and childish (anti-science) pamphlets door to door. I can only admire (in a sociology experiment kind of way) the thickness of their skins and the strength of their toecaps as doors all over the globe slam shut on them, I guess it makes them feel special.

No comments: