Friday, October 16, 2015

Some things never change


I went up to London yesterday for a business meeting and snapped Reading station looking more like a shiny airport terminal than a grubby regional rail hub. I must say the recent development and modernisation at the site has made things much easier and smoother for passengers; a real boost to the town providing much needed infrastructure for when cross-rail arrives in 2019. I shouldn't have been fooled by all this modernity though, on the way home my train broke down and was an hour late getting me back to Reading and then my connecting train had a door fault which held me up another 30 minutes, oh well, I guess some things never change..

2 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

It certainly does look a lot different from when it was my daily start and end point some 10 years ago. They're building "welfare cabins" at the end of the next track for the navvies ready for the electrification process.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, definitely doesn't feel like "Reading" - the rest of the town looks even more scruffy now..