Sunday, November 29, 2015

Taste test


About 4 weeks ago I made some beer that was based on a famous commercial brew called "Punk IPA" I posted about it at the time and today I decided to crack open a bottle to see what it was like.

As you can see in the picture above it has a great colour (although darker than the original) and a nice foamy head; the aromas of the various hops involved hit you as soon as you open the bottle and the taste is really good. Good clarity, nice malt backbone, good balance of bitterness and a lovely mix of hop flavours. If I were critical (and I am) I'd say it could do with a touch more sweetness and a tiny bit more alcohol (came in at around 4.5 ABV) but all in all not to shabby for 40p a pint (the commercial version is roughly £3 a pint in the supermarket).

No comments: