Monday, January 04, 2016

8 of spades


Just back from a family holiday, shocked to find that one of my musical hero's Lemmy Kilmister of Hawkwind and Motorhead fame has died at the age of 70 in Los Angeles. You go away for a few days and a whole era ends!

I think I wore the same Motorhead t-shirt for at least two years while doing my A-levels, only covering it briefly with a green Parker coat with a little German flag on the shoulder in Winter; I was never sure what that flag was supposed to represent but I was pretty sure I understood where Lemmy was coming from. I saw Motorhead live at the Hammersmith Apollo when I was a student in London back in 1979 and it was simply great, an evening I will never forget as long as I live; a moment in time that can never be recaptured and ear drums that will never quite fully recover.

No comments: