Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Education


Been talking a lot recently about Gods and Philosophy with my Son who is doing his RS, Philosophy & Ethics GCSE this spring. It's the subject his school use as a kind of "warm up" as he's taking the exam a full year early (his other GCSE's don't happen until 2018) Like me, he is also interested in the subjects covered, and is really animated about them. TBH I wish he was also animated as much by Science, Maths & English, but if truth be told, I'll take teenage enthusiasm for education whenever and however it comes! 

Over the last 6 weeks or so we've been cramming for his mock exam by reviewing and debating the various materials of the course, lot's of interesting stuff, ethical dilemmas, religions, beliefs, deities, arguments for and against gods etc. I reckon he has a good grounding in the subject now and asks really good (searching) questions for someone of his age. He took the paper last week and got the results back today, and we were both really pleased, he got an A, which bodes well for the real thing in a month or two. We'll just have to see if we can't bump that up to an A*; maybe he'll even contribute to my ramblings here one day (although I'm sure that would be the epitome of un-cool)

No comments: