Saturday, April 29, 2017

Look into my eyes..


Tried a new beer last night from an up and coming brewery called "Magic Rock" based in Huddersfield. I picked it up in Reading town centre on my way back from London on Wednesday, from a wonderful little bottle shop called the Grumpy Goat. A hazy American style IPA made with Golden Promise malt, Oats and a bit of Rye featuring Amarillo, Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe hops; no slouch weighing in at 6.8% ABV so a 500ml can was quite sufficient to produce a nice little beer buzz on a Friday night. The beer was really good and not your run of the mill IPA, a bit different. Tropical notes of mango and pineapple with spiciness from the Rye and a slightly tart finish. It's a bit fuzzy in the photo, but the name of the beer is "Hypnotist" and after a long week and a pint of it I can confirm I was feeling rather sleepy.

No comments: