Friday, January 12, 2018

Laughing at death


I'm thinking about death today. A woman I spent the best part of 10 years of my life with from 1988 to 1998 died yesterday, she was only 50 years old which is far too young to die these days. I had completely lost touch with her over the years and our paths and lives went entirely separate ways. She moved to Australia in the late 90s, making it pretty unlikely that we'd ever bump into each other again, and the only sight I had of her was through Facebook and LinkedIn. Although we never actually connected, I did occasionally look at at her page to see how she and her family were getting on, I had no idea she had cancer. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this news, sad I suppose, all I could think to post was a cartoon about death, she was a fun-loving person. Anyway, the longer I live the more life seems to pan-out like this, bad people thrive and the good die young.

No comments: