Monday, February 05, 2018

Dreaded lurgy


Been suffering with a rather persistent cold over the last few days (perfectly timed for the weekend) Normally when I get a cold it's the usual sore-throat runny nose kind of deal that lasts a couple of days and responds well to Lemsip et al, but this one is a a real humdinger and seems to be throwing the kitchen sink at my upper respiratory system. High temperatures, shivers, red-raw throat, dry cough, wet cough and headaches, one after the other and then back to the start again! The normal drugs seem to be having very little impact, I even had to take a day off work today (which is unheard of for me) 

Of course my family are having none of it "man-flu" is all I get from them, and to cap it all my colleagues reminded me that today is "national sickie day", so that's my credibility shot to pieces. Having spent most of the day feeling sorry for myself in bed I've been trying to sweat the beasties out of me (viruses don't like it hot) with an electric blanket (and yes, that is as unsavory as it sounds), I must say that I'm feeling a lot better now than I have been! Hopefully I can get some quality sleep tonight and be tentatively up and about again tomorrow, pesky viruses, whoever thought that part of "creation" was a good idea?

No comments: