Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Cups of poison


The gangsters masquerading as the Russian Government really take the biscuit! Not only do they chuck their military grade nerve agents willy-nilly around sleepy Wiltshire towns, threatening life and limb, they then rub salt into the wound by insulting our intelligence, calling us "unprofessional" and claiming that it's all an invention of our imaginations. Thuggish and arrogant behaviour, unworthy of a supposedly civilised nation in my view. I see that we're to expel a few diplomats, no doubt they will follow suit and expel some of ours, a pretty pointless tit-for-tat exchange of paper-shufflers whilst innocent people lie in hospital critically ill.

There's not much we, as individuals, can do but I will make a strong conscious effort to boycott everything Russian from now on, both in my business and at home. No 2018 World Cup match will grace my living-room LCD panel, nor will any hint of a Russian product (not that there are many) cross my threshold or be bought my my firm. I'm sure Mr Putin, the absolute dictator of that land, will be quaking in his boots. No matter, I take solace in the fact that the ordinary Russian people have historically had a habit of eventually rising-up and dealing with absolute dictators in suitable ways.

No comments: